About this Blog
The Washington State Transportation Commission initially established this blog to provide an opportunity to share and discuss information about the development of the 2011-2030 Washington Transportation Plan (WTP 2030). Only comments specific to development of WTP 2030 were published.
With completion of WTP 2030, the Commission has opted to renew this space – as a bridge between the public and the Transportation Commission and its staff, and we invite you to contribute to the conversation to discuss and respond to ideas; while Commission staff may occasionally post a response to a public comment, a response is not the norm.
People with specific questions regarding Commission activity or seeking a response should use the Commission’s public comment link, http://www.wstc.wa.gov/feedback.htm. This is not a WSDOT Blog; comments on specific projects or traffic will not be posted.
The Washington State Transportation Commission provides a public forum for transportation policy development. It reviews and evaluates how the entire transportation system works across the state and issues the state’s 20-year Transportation Plan. As the State Tolling Authority, the Commission sets tolls for state highways and bridges and fares for Washington State Ferries.
The comments and opinions expressed by users of this blog are theirs alone and do not reflect the opinions of Washington State Transportation Commission or its employees. All public comments are reviewed before posting. They are screened in accordance with the Washington State Transportation Commission blog use policy.
Washington State Transportation Commission Blog Use Policy
- Comments will not be edited by the Washington State Transportation Commission or its staff.
- Only comments that comply with this Washington State Transportation Commission blog use policy will be approved for posting.
- No vulgar, offensive, threatening or harassing language is allowed.Blog public comments should be limited to comments related to the topic of the blog.
- The blog is not the proper place to express opinions or beliefs not directly related to that topic.
- No comments promoting or opposing any person campaigning for election to a political office or promoting or opposing any ballot proposition will be posted.
- No content promoting or advertising commercial services, entities, or products will be posted.
- This is not a WSDOT Blog; no comments on specific projects or traffic will be posted.
- Communications made through the blog’s e-mail and messaging system will in no way constitute a legal or official notice or comment to the Washington State Transportation Commission or any official or employee of the Washington State Transportation Commission for any purpose. For example, a post or comment that asks that the Washington State Transportation Commission provide public records will not be considered a public records request under RCW 42.56. Likewise, a post or comment related to a proposed rule or tariff will not be considered by the agency under RCW 34.05.
- This blog use policy is subject to amendment or modification at any time to ensure its continued use is consistent with its intended purpose as a limited forum.
Questions or concerns regarding the WTP 2030 Blog should be directed to the Washington State Transportation Commission website or by phone 360/705-7070.